HUL Pureit Ultima Review: I had recently been on a pilgrimage to Badrinath, a temple situated high up in the Himalayan Mountain Range.
One the way, I could see the river Ganges flowing magnificently.
The astounding part of it all was that I could see the pebbles lining the river bed through the crystal clear water.
The taste of the water was absolutely heavenly. But, as you come down to the plains, the same Ganges water becomes polluted and muddy.
This is the case with every river in India as well as the world. This brings us to the question of purifying water before consuming it.
In this context, the water purifier manufacturers have played a great role. You have some world class water purifiers available in India. Today, we shall be reviewing one such water purifier, HUL Pureit Ultima.
Table of Contents
HUL Pureit Ultima Review
Let us look at some of the top-quality features of the water purifier.
This is the biggest advantage of HUL Pureit Ultima. Let us see this purification process in brief. This brand claims that it is capable of producing pure water that is as safe as boiled water. It is possible when you understand the 6-stage purification process.
This is a special candle filter you install outside the machine. The ideal location for this filter is between the water inlet source and main appliance.
The function of the pre-sediment filter is to eliminate the visible particulates and other suspended impurities from the water source. The advantage of having this filter is that it makes the job of the main appliance easy.
The water becomes sufficiently clear after passing through the pre-sediment filter. However, the water contains impurities like chlorine and other organic substances. The pre-sediment filter is not capable of treating such impurities.
The water does not have a good taste as well because of the presence of these impurities and TDS. The pre-RO Carbon filter has the responsibility of eliminating such impurities and absorbing the odour causing organic compounds.
Your RO membrane is delicate. Hence, there should not be heavy visible particles in the water while being subjected to RO treatment.
The Post carbon filter has the job of removing the remaining dirt and other visible impurities from water before passing it on to the RO filtration system.
This is the heart of the water purifier. The appliance has an inbuilt pump that works continuously to push the water through the RO membrane. This membrane can reduce the hardness of water.
It also removed dissolved metal impurities like arsenic, mercury, and lead along with the TDS. The bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms are also eliminated by the RO membrane.
UV filtration: Subsequent to the RO purification, you get pure water. But, some minute bacteria or microorganisms do sneak through these membranes. There is a need for complete purification. The UV lamp provides the additional purification layer as it goes on to eliminate all the bacteria and harmful microorganisms to give you 100% safe water to drink.
TDS Controller/Modulator: This is not exactly a filtration stage. The RO mechanism ensures the elimination of TDS. In the process, it eliminates essential minerals like magnesium, calcium, etc. There is a need to replenish these minerals to maintain the quality of water. The TDS Modulator has this responsibility of replenishing these essential minerals.
Post RO-Carbon filter: This is the final sixth stage of filtration. The pure water needs some enhancement in the taste. The Post-RO Carbon filter removes the residual odours and enhances the taste of the water, thus acting as a polishing agent.
Digital Display panel
This is a fully automated appliance that does not require any manual intervention. This electronic display panel shows the quality of water and indicates the life of the Germkill kit as well. The features of this Display panel are as follows.
1. The digitally advanced alert system is such that two concentric circles alert you about a fortnight in advance that the life of the GermKill kit is nearing exhaustion. This provides you with sufficient time to order the replacement.
2. This system has an RO protection lock that ensures that the flow of water stops automatically after the life of the GermKill kit is over. Hence, you get pure water all the time. You can replace the GermKill kit and continue with the supply of pure water.
3. The system ensures that 100% of the water entering the machine passes through RO and UV. Therefore, you get absolute pure water all the time. There is no compromise on this aspect.
4. The alert system on the digital display panel is such that it will indicate any kind of electrical fault by displaying a red band over the area.
Let us look at the other features of the appliance.
- The machine is not very heavy in the sense that it weighs just around 9.5 kg
- This appliance is capable of purifying approximately 9 to 12 litres of water in an hour.
- The water storage capacity of the machine is 8 litres.
- The RO membrane is a special thin film composite spiral wound type. This ensures the complete removal of impurities from water.
- The water is pumped into the RO membrane chamber by a 24V DC diaphragm pump.
- As with other types of RO water purifiers, the recovery percentage is around 25%. Thus, for every 1 litres of pure water, you get 3 litres of wastewater.
- TDS reduction percentage is appreciable at 90%.
- Made from Food Grade plastic, this appliance conforms to all hygiene norms.
- It consumes around 60 watts of power.
- This machine is capable of dealing with water containing TDS up to 2000 mg/lit.
- As far as the hardness of water is concerned, it can handle up to 500 mg/lit.
- This is one of the few appliances on the market that can handle iron impurity in the range of 0.3 mg/lit.
This machine lives up to its reputation of providing pure water as safe as boiled water. However, one should ensure to use genuine GermKill replacement kits. This will not only enhance the life of the machine but also serve you better.
Let us now look at some of the frequently asked questions by users of this appliance.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is important that you get pure water to drink. This is not possible today without the help of water purifiers because the water sources are contaminated by human and industrial wastes. Hence, every family should invest in a quality water purifier to ensure their well-being.
Pureit Ultima Review
With the combination of RO and UV technologies and Stunning looks, the HUL Pureit Ultima RO + UV Water purifier can not only remove the virus, bacteria, cysts and Hard metals but also enhances the water taste by adding required Natural Minerals.
- Livpure LIV-PEP-PRO-PLUS+ 7L RO + UV + UF Water Purifier (Review)
- Blue Star Majesto 8 L RO + UV Water Purifier (Review)
- Kent ACE Plus (11036) 7 L RO + UF Water Purifier (Review)
- Kent Ace Mineral 7-Litre RO + UV + UF Water Purifier (Review)
- Livpure Glo 7-Litre RO + UV + Mineralizer Water Purifier (Review)