Havells India has come a long way today to become one of the leading manufacturers of high-quality water purifiers in India.
In spite of having a strong global presence, Havells India revels in the philosophy of Make in India. Havells India has the distinction of being the first Fast Moving Electrical Goods Company to offer doorstep service via its initiative ‘Havells Connect.’
Buying a Havells water purifier should not be an issue at all. They have an exquisite range of water purifiers to choose from in their repertoire. This buying guide will give you detailed insights into the various technologies in use for purifying water.
Table of Contents
- Why do you need a water purifier?
- The different kinds of water purification technologies
- Reverse Osmosis
- Benefits of RO Technology
- The drawback of RO Technology
- Ultraviolet (UV) Purification
- Six-Stage Purification Process
- The Revitalizer
- Best Havells Water Purifiers
Why do you need a water purifier?
The different kinds of water purification technologies
There are many types of water purification technologies such as Reverse Osmosis, Ultrafiltration, Ultraviolet purification, and so on. We shall restrict our discussion to these commonly used technologies alone. Almost all the Havells water purifiers have either two or all the three types of filtration technologies in their latest appliances.
One should be conversant with the term ‘Osmosis’ before understanding what reverse osmosis is. Water, or for that matter any liquid, has a natural tendency to flow from an area of lower concentration to an area of higher concentration when passing through a semipermeable membrane. The Reverse Osmosis procedure is the opposite of what you experience in osmosis.
In Reverse Osmosis, water moves from an area of higher concentration to that of a lower concentration. Since it is not a natural process, you need a pump to force the water through the semipermeable membrane.
Now, the groundwater or the water from the natural sources have a high concentration of (Totally Dissolved Solids) TDS. When you apply high pressure to push the water through the semipermeable membrane, the salts and other impurities get trapped in the membrane thereby allowing pure water to flow out. The dissolved solids and salts are then discharged through a separate outlet as RO waste water.
Benefits of RO Technology
The RO process can eliminate the smallest of impurities from water. It can also take care of the bacteria and the viruses. The RO process can remove almost the entire TDS from the water.
The drawback of RO Technology
While eliminating TDS from the water, the RO process removes the essential minerals like calcium and magnesium as well. Hence, you need a separate TDS controller to replenish these lost minerals from the output water. Secondly, the RO process wastes a lot of water.
However, you can overcome this wastage by using this discharge water for other purposes like washing utensils, clothes, and for gardening as well.
Ultraviolet (UV) Purification
The UV Purification technology employs ultraviolet radiation to get rid of impurities. The UV process works by emitting high-intensity UV rays on the water to kill bacteria and viruses. The water has to pass through an Ultraviolet Lamp to get rid of these disease-causing germs.
The UV technology has a drawback in the sense that it cannot remove the dissolved or the un-dissolved impurities and chemicals from water. You need an external sediment filter to remove the un-dissolved impurities. These filters are useful in areas that do not have high levels of TDS or visible contaminants. They work best in combination with the RO technology.
Six-Stage Purification Process
You will come through these terms when you venture to purchase your Havells water purifiers. Let us understand what the Six-Stage Purification Process.
This process uses six different technologies to purify water. Let us look into the details.
The pH level of the water that comes out of the RO water purifier will be around 7. It is pure water, but it does not have the necessary taste and hydration powers. The Revitalizer feature in the Havells water purifier enhances the pH levels of water and makes it biologically active.
We have thus seen the different types of purification technologies as well as the nuances of the six-stage purification process. Now, we shall look at some of the top models of the Havells water purifiers available on the market.
Best Havells Water Purifiers
1. Havells Digitouch RO UV Mineral 7L Water Purifier
Havells India has a reputation for manufacturing some of the most beautiful looking water purifiers in India. In addition to the looks, these appliances have some exciting features as well.
- This appliance provides pure water of the highest quality because of the RO and UV advantage. Hence, you ensure elimination of the TDS as well as harmful bacteria and viruses from the water.
- The double UV purification process gives you safe and purified water with an enhanced Oxygen level to maintain the hygiene quotient in the water tank.
- The Mineralizer feature ensures the replenishment of the essential minerals like calcium and magnesium in the water. Hence, it rectifies the pH level of the water to give healthier and tastier water at all times.
- The Revitalizer feature restructures the water molecules and makes it biologically active thereby improving the hydration and mineral absorption.
- The appliance has a purification monitoring feature to monitor the purification process and ensure you get safe water.
2. Havells Plastic Digiplus RO UV Purified 7L Water Purifier
This Havells model is very much similar to the one described above. The best-in-class purification technology comprises RO and UV to ensure sterilisation of water every four hours and provide 100% safe drinking water round the clock.
- The 8-stage purification process comprises of double UV filtration to remove all traces of bacteria and viruses.
- The RO membrane ensures elimination of all kinds of heavy metal impurities such as mercury, arsenic, tin, and so on. It also ensures to remove TDS from the source water.
- The double UV purification enhances the oxygen level in the water and maintains hygiene in the water tank.
- The resultant water from an RO water purifier is pure but does not contain essential minerals. The Mineralizer feature replenishes the salt content and enhances the pH level to improve the taste.
- The Revitalizer feature allows for restructuring the water molecules and making it biologically active to improve hydration and mineral absorption.
- The iProtect purification monitoring system ensures a constant supply of 100% safe and purified water at all times.
3. Havells Max RO + UV + Mineralizer, 8-Litres RO Purifier with Revitalizer
Havells water purifiers have a unique quality in the sense that you can place them at the corners. The shape is such that you can still fill your glass comfortably. In addition to the aesthetic, physical appearance, this Havells water purifier has the following exciting features.
- This appliance provides absolute pure water because of the use of multiple filtration technologies like RO and UV.
- The Mineralizer cartridge enhances the pH level of water and makes it healthier and tastier by replenishing the minerals lost during the RO purification process.
- The water purifier comes with a Revitalizer feature that restructures the water molecules and improves hydration and mineral absorption.
- Finally, the iProtect Purification Monitoring technology works continuously to enable a continuous supply of pure water.
- This water purifier comes with an advanced Electrical Protection system that ensures the system works perfectly in the voltage range of 170V to 330V. If the input voltage falls outside this range, the system shuts off automatically.
4. Havells Pro RO UV 8L Water Purifier
Havells manufactures some of the best state-of-the-art water purifiers in the country today. This model is no different as it uses a multitude of purification technologies to provide pure drinking water.
- The mechanism is such that it ensures that all the input water passes through the RO membrane followed by the UV purification. It makes sure that you get 100% pure water.
- The Mineralizer feature has the responsibility of adding back the minerals lost during RO purification process. Hence, you get healthier and tastier water.
- This water purifier comes with iProtect technology to monitor the purification process continuously.
- Get protection from voltage fluctuations with the advanced Electrical protection System. This system switches off the machine if the voltage drops below 170V or goes over 330V.
- The Germicidal UV Protection provides an optimum UV dose of 253.7nm irradiation to ensure water is safe from all bacteria and viruses.
5. Havells Plastic UV plus UV, UF, 8L Water Purifier
This water purifier model does not have the RO purification technology. However, it is effective all the same because it has the combined power of UV and UF. This appliance is the ideal one to use in areas having a low proportion of TDS in water.
- The UF membrane is as capable as the RO membrane especially when the TDS levels in the water are low.
- The water passes through the UV and the UF processes to emerge as pure and safe for drinking.
- The UF membrane removes algae, spores, bacteria, organic material, and inorganic polymeric molecules from water to make it crystal clear.
- The Revitalizer feature makes the water molecules biologically active and improves the hydration and mineral absorption.
- The compact design enables you to place the appliance on a table, counter, or even mount it on the wall.
- The Zero Splash Faucet ensures smooth delivery of sterile water without splashing it around all over the place.
We have thus reviewed five of the top Havells water purifiers available on the market. Choosing the right one should not be a challenging task for you now.
- Top Whirlpool Water Purifiers (2018) Price List & Buying Guide
- Top AO Smith Water Purifiers (2018) – Price List & Buying Guide
- Top 10 LG Water Purifiers Price List & Reviews – 2018
- Top 10 Bluestar Water Purifiers Price list & Reviews – 2018
- Top Livpure Water Purifiers Price List & Reviews – 2018 (RO, UV)